CALLING ALL TACO LOVERS
Raise your hand if you’re a taco fanatic. *raising every hand in our household* A few months back (and after eating 300 chicken dishes in a row), Kendall practically begged me to incorporate some red meat into our weekly meals. SO naturally, I took it one notch further and decided to marry two of his favorites: STEAK and TACOS. We loooove a good taco night, but when we’re cooking at home we try to keep our meals low-carb since ALL our snacks throughout the day are higher in carbs. This Steak Fajita Lettuce Wrap Meal Prep is the PERFECT mix of tasty and healthy + it’s keto-friendly if you’re into that! It’s a super easy meal to incorporate into your recipe book, and if you’re not interested in the meal itself then AT LEAST use this steak marinade for all your steak dishes! IT IS UNREAL GOOD! *insert praise hands*
As a reminder, we always shop our groceries through the Instacart app! They’re delivered to our door within hours, and it allows us to get SO much time back throughout our week! You can get $10 off your first order through this link: https://inst.cr/t/xTK53GVoK
STEAK FAJITA LETTUCE WRAPS THE INGREDIENTS
- Steak Marinade
- 2 Tbsp Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
- Juice from 1 Lime
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Cilantro (chopped)
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1/4 tsp Himalayan Pink Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- Other Ingredients
- Top Sirloin or Flank Steak (we typically get 3/4 lb)
- Romaine Lettuce Boats
- 1/2 Red Bell Pepper (sliced)
- 1/2 Green Bell Pepper (sliced)
- 1/4 Red Onion (sliced)
- 1/4 Cup Green Onions (chopped)
- Optional Topping: Avocado
- Optional Topping: Sriracha
- Mix all marinade ingredients in a bowl.
- Put your steak in a large ziploc bag + add 3/4 of the marinade to the bag, then put your sliced peppers and onion in a small ziploc bag + add the remainder of the marinade. Place both in the fridge for at least 20 minutes – the longer the better!
- Remove the steak from the bag (discard the bag) and cook on the stove top on med-high heat until the steak is cooked to your liking (we like medium-rare!). When the steak has about 5 minutes left, add your veggies to a separate pan. Cook on med-high heat until the steak is finished.
- Remove the steak from the pan and let sit for about 5 minutes (this helps keep the steak juicy!). Remove veggies from pan.
- Slice steak in strips + dice your avocado.
- MAKE YOUR TACOS. We use THESE TACO TRAYS and start with our lettuce boats, then I add 2 ounces of steak to each taco, then I eyeball a scoop of veggies, then I add my avocado, and finally a drizzle of sriracha! To add a kick of extra flavor, I also sprinkle a ton of green onions over the top.