It’s Taco Time!
If you’re an avocado or guac lover like me, THIS RECIPE IS FOR YOU! Every time we make these Spicy Chicken + Avocado Tacos, Kendall and I agree that they’re high-dollar restaurant quality. We originally found the recipe HERE and then just tweaked it to keep it macro-conscious! This meal is SO easy to make, and it would be a perfect addition to your Taco Tuesday recipe list! It’s a must-try, and if you do try it out be sure to let me know! I hope you love it as much as we do!
As a reminder, we always shop our groceries through the Instacart app! They’re delivered to our door within hours, and it allows us to get SO much time back throughout our week! You can get $10 off your first order through this link: https://inst.cr/t/xTK53GVoK
SPICY CHICKEN + AVOCADO TACOS
- Chicken Marinade
- Pack of Chicken Tenderloins (we end up using about 3/4 of the pack)
- 1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp Minced Garlic
- 3/4 Tbsp Chili Powder
- 1/2 tsp Cumin
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- Lime Juice from 1/2 Lime
- Cilantro-Lime Crema
- 1/3 Cup Light Sour Cream
- 3 Tbsp Cilantro (chopped)
- 2 tsp Minced Garlic
- 1 Tbsp Juice of Lime
- 1 Tbsp Water
- Salt and Pepper (to taste)
- Everything Else
- 1 Avocado
- Bag of Shredded Lettuce
- 4-5 Small Tortillas (we usually get the Carb Balance kind, but because of #quarantine this is all we could find!)
- Add all chicken marinade ingredients to a medium-sized bowl and whisk together. Do not add the chicken yet.
- Using kitchen scissors, cut up the chicken tenderloins into VERY small pieces and place in the bowl with the marinade. Toss to coat.
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate the marinated chicken for 10-15 minutes (the longer the better!)
- While the chicken sits in the fridge, add ALL crema ingredients to a bowl or food processor (we use THIS GADGET). Blend/mix until creamy.
- After 10-15 minutes have passed, cook the chicken on med-high heat for about 8-9 minutes or until the chicken has cooked through. You shouldn’t have to add oil or Pam to the pan because of the marinade!
- As the chicken is cooking (and if preferred), char your tortillas. We char ours on our griddle (LINKED HERE). These tacos are SO good with a little crunch to the tortilla!
- Assemble tacos – start with your tortillas, then add desired amount of chicken, shredded lettuce, crema, and diced avocado. We also top ours with a few dashes of hot sauce to kick up the spice! I’ve linked the taco stands we use HERE.
- Finally, pour yourself a freshly made skinny margarita (recipe to come!) to round out your taco meal. 😉