Kendall and I shared our first try at a spicy margarita recipe on Instagram stories a few weeks back, and we’ve spent the time since then trying to perfect it! After several trial and errors, here’s our take at the BEST skinny jalapeno margarita recipe! This is what we’ve found to be the yummiest, the most price efficient, + the easiest to make! We hope you enjoy some margs of your own, and be sure to tag me on Instagram if you do!
Prep Time: <10 minutes || Total Time: <10 minutes || Servings: 1
Calories (per serving): 180 Calories
- 2-3 ounces Silver Tequila
- 2.5 ounces Freshly-Squeezed OR Bottled Lime Juice (we use the bottled most of the time – but fresh is definitely better!)
- 1/4 Large Jalapeno Pepper – sliced into thin round slices (if you don’t like spice, you can eliminate this ingredient for a regular ole’ marg!)
- 1 tsp Simple Syrup
- 1 Tbsp Orange Juice (you could also use Cointreau for this, but GIRL it’s expensive)
- 3 ounces Water
- Kosher Salt (optional)
- Lime Wedges (for garnish)
- If you prefer a salted rim, pour kosher salt onto a small plate. Then rub a lime wedge around the rim of your glass to moisten the edge. Dip and spin the rim of the glass into the salt so that it sticks. Then fill the glass with ice!
- If you prefer a spicy marg like me, muddle several jalapeno slices in the bottom of a cocktail shaker with your lime juice. If you prefer a regular skinny marg, move on to step #3.
- Add your ingredients to the cocktail shaker: tequila, lime juice, simple syrup, orange juice, water + several ice cubes.
- Pour the margarita into your glass, and garnish with a lime wedge.
- Drink it with a taco. And guacamole. And chips and salsa. And then have another!