The 3 Musts: Easy, Healthy, Yummy!
I shared a picture of My Go-To At-Home Lunch a few weeks back on my Instagram stories, and I had several of you message me requesting a blog post recipe for easy reference! I started making it at the beginning of quarantine, and now it’s my lunch meal 5/5 work days every week. It hits all the must-haves: it’s easy (and inexpensive) to make, it’s healthy, and it’s SO good! It also covers all your major macronutrients: protein (shrimp/egg), carbohydrate (rice), and healthy fat (egg/avocado). It’s packed with flavor and can also be tweaked to your liking based on your preferred choice of protein/toppings!
As a reminder, we always shop our groceries through the Instacart app! They’re delivered to our door within hours, and it allows us to get SO much time back throughout our week! You can get $10 off your first order through this link: https://inst.cr/t/xTK53GVoK
MY GO-TO LUNCH SHRIMP & RICE BOWLS
- 8-10 Cooked Shrimps (remove tail before cooking)
- Seasoning(s) of Choice (I use Black Pepper, Garlic Powder, & Cayenne)
- Uncle Ben’s Ready Rice – Jasmine (this is the BEST rice – it’s kind of sticky and sushi-like)
- 1 Egg
- White Onion (diced)
- 1 Avocado
- Optional Toppings: Sriracha or Chili Garlic Sauce for spice!
- Spray a small pan with PAM, and place on stove-top over medium-high heat.
- Season shrimp with seasonings of choice.
- Add seasoned shrimp + diced onion to pan. Cook until browned.
- While shrimp/onion is cooking, “cook” rice in microwave. This type of rice takes 90 seconds.
- When shrimp/onion is about 60 seconds from being done, move the mixture to one side of the pan and add your egg to the other side. Lightly scramble egg with a fork.
- Add preferred serving of rice to a bowl.
- Once shrimp/onion/egg are all cooked through, pour mixture over rice.
- Add avocado chunks + optional toppings.