I’ve spent years looking for nude lip products that suit my skin tone. After a whole lot of trial and error, I’ve finally found several options (at different price points) that I love! If you’re looking for the perfect nude combo, here are some of my absolute favorites!
Before college, you wouldn’t catch me dead with a lip liner. Now, I cannot and will not apply anything to my lips without first using a lip liner. Liners give you so much more precision and control than a lipstick, and they really help with any feathering issues that lipsticks/glosses have. If I’m wearing a nude lip, I’m always rocking one of these liners for the perfect pout!
- MAC Cosmetics Lip Liner in the shade Oak – This is probably my number one nude lip liner of all time. It’s a soft, beige brown, and because it’s so neutral I can really pair it with any lipstick/gloss. It’s not too dark and not too light – the perfect in between! The shade Stripdown is also a great option if your skin tone is deeper than mine.
- Make Up For Ever Artist Color Pencil in the shade Anywhere Caffeine – This is a new favorite for me, and it’s working its way up to beating my Oak pencil that I’ve loved for years. This color is deeper than Oak, and it sharpens like a dream.
- NYX Cosmetics Slim Lip Pencil in the shade Nude Beige – This liner is my favorite affordable nude lip liner. I’ve struggled finding good lip liners at the drugstore, but this one definitely takes the cake! The color is exactly as it sounds – a true nude beige. Not too warm and not too cool. It’s typically only $4, but Ulta is running a sale right now marking it down to $2.80!
- KKW Beauty Nude Lip Liner in the shade Nude 1 – This is also a recent buy for me, but I’ve been loving it! It’s a light, true nude. And the best part? It’s only $12 which is much more affordable than most high-end lip liners. This one glides on so smoothly which does cause a tiny bit of feathering. But other than that, it’s a great nude liner option – especially for the price!
I’ve tried an unreal amount of nude lipsticks. I’ve gone through my fair share of “concealer lips” days, and I’ve also learned that dark nudes (or deep colors in general) do NOT fare well on me. I could probably list a LOT more than 4, but if I had to narrow it down, these are the ones I’d choose!
- Charlotte Tilbury Hot Lips Lipstick in the shade KKW – Without a doubt, this is my number one – it’s even listed in my Best of 2019 post! I love a light nude, and this one is IT, sis. It’s not too pink, but it’s not brown at all. Nude Kate (also by Charlotte Tilbury) is a great option if you’re looking for something more neutral. Both of these options are so creamy and moisturizing!
- Patrick Ta Monochrome Moment Silky Lip Creme in the shade She’s Unapologetic – This one is a semi-recent find, but I have been loving it! It’s the lightest shade in the line, and it has a light pink-greige tone. While it’s not a true liquid lip formula, it lasts a LONG time on the lips without the dry lip feeling. It has a thicker, creamier consistency than a normal lipstick.
- MAC Cosmetics Amplified Lipstick in the shade Blankety – I have loved this one for so many years. It’s the shade I wore on our wedding day, and I’ve used it on girls for prom/wedding makeup many times! It’s a soft pink beige with a lot of pigment and shine. The amplified line at MAC has an ultra-creamy formula, so it glides on and leaves such a beautiful finish!
- Maybelline Color Sensational Inti-Matte Nudes in the shade Beige Babe – Okay I’m not sure if this one is going out of stock, but I can only find it at Target! It’s on the warmer side in comparison to my other three choices, and I love it for that reason! It’s not a drying type of matte lipstick – super comfortable! The price is on point too – under $6!
Okay, my final and favorite category: GLOSSES. I’ve always been a gloss girl. Even during the liquid lipstick craze, I never strayed away from a good gloss for that high-shine effect. I can’t handle the feeling of dry lips, so adding a gloss on top helps with that and it also adds dimension back in after applying lipstick!
- Marc Jacobs Enamored Hi-Shine Lip Lacquer Lipgloss in the shade Sugar Sugar – I hopped on this train back when Jaclyn Hill mentioned it in a favorites video several years back. That girls KNOWS her nudes. This lipgloss is so good, y’all. It isn’t sticky at all. This shade has a little bit of shimmer in it, but overall it’s a paler, champagne nude.
- Dose of Colors Lip Gloss in the shade Can You Not – This was a 2019 find and I have been so glad I bought it. It’s a nude beige color, and the formula is ultra-glossy and super pigmented. This is so pigmented that it could even be worn with a lip liner alone. She’s a beaut!
- NARS Velvet Lip Glide in the shade Stripped – Okay I’m not sure if this should be considered a gloss or a lipstick. It has a satin/semi-matte finish so gloss might not be the best term to describe it. But oh well. The color is SO good. It’s a beige pink color and the wear time is great. It kind of feels like you’re applying a cloud to your lips – super soft and creamy!
- Buxom Full-On Plumping Lip Cream in the shade White Russian – This has been a long-time favorite of mine. The plumping effect really just leaves your lips feeling the tiniest bit tingly – nothing major. The color of this is a nude pink – it doesn’t have any shimmer! It leaves your lips looking glass-like – so shiny and smooth!