Easy, healthy, yummy!
Another simple yet fulfilling recipe headed your way! I’ve shared our Meal Prep: Turkey Meatloaf recipe on my Instagram stories several times before, and I’m finally getting around to posting it here on the blog for easy reference. First and foremost, I have to give credit where credit is due. I originally found this recipe from @fitwithasd when I was following her workouts, and now we make it a couple times a month for either a healthy lunch meal prep or an easy dinner recipe. It makes 4 servings, so we love that we can eat it 2 nights in a row. It may be my most favorite meal to have as leftovers because of how well it heats up!
As a reminder, we always shop our groceries through the Instacart app! They’re delivered to our door within hours, and it allows us to get SO much time back throughout our week! You can get $10 off your first order through this link: https://inst.cr/t/xTK53GVoK
ITALIAN-STYLE TURKEY MEATLOAF
- 1 lb. Jennie-O Ground Turkey (we use the 93% lean for more flavor, but if you want to make the meatloaf leaner, you can use the 99% lean)
- 1 large egg
- 1 + 1/3 cup Quick 1-Minute Oats
- 75g each of Diced Red Bell Pepper, Diced Green Bell Pepper, and Diced Red Onion
- 3oz. Feta Crumbles (we use the President brand – if you want to cut down on the fat grams, get the fat free version)
- 2 cups Baby Spinach (chopped)
- 2-3 Tbsp. Italian Seasoning
- Marinara (of your choice – we like the Prego Roasted Garlic & Herb)
- Optional: additional feta crumbles to add on top (we do this!)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray a loaf pan with PAM.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the ground turkey, egg, oats, peppers/onions, feta crumbles, baby spinach, and Italian seasoning.
- Mix/knead thoroughly (use your hands).
- Place mixture into loaf pan and cover with tinfoil.
- Cook for 20 minutes.
- Remove tinfoil and cut the loaf into 4 equal slices.
- Return loaf to oven to cook for an additional 20 minutes (or until cooked through and browned).
- While the loaf finishes cooking, warm up your marinara serving(s) in the microwave.
- Remove loaf from oven and separate into 4 equal servings.
- Top with warm marinara and additional feta crumbles.