As a reminder, we shop our groceries for our weekly meals through the Instacart app! They’re delivered straight to our front door, and it allows us to get so much time back throughout our week. You can get $10 off your first order through this link: https://inst.cr/t/xTK53GVoK
A Healthier Twist on Chicken Enchiladas
- 3 large skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1 medium white onion (diced)
- 1 pkg. 1/3 less fat cream cheese (we use 6 of the 8 ounces)
- Jar of Picante salsa
- 1 bag Fat Free shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 pkg Carb Balance tortillas
- Boil chicken breasts for 30-40 minutes (until cooked through).
- Finely shred cooked chicken. (we use this gadget to shred our chicken and dice our onion)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a greased skillet, cook diced onion on medium heat until lightly browned, then add 6 ounces of cream cheese to the pan. (we like to add the cream cheese in small blocks)
- Once onion/cream cheese combines, add the shredded chicken + 3/4 cup of Picante salsa.
- Once mixed, turn the heat off and add 5 ounces of shredded cheese. Mix until the cheese is melted.
- Line a greased Pyrex dish with 5 tortillas. Add an equal serving of the enchilada mixture to each tortilla. Fold in the sides and roll the tortilla until the mixture is enclosed. Lay the folded side on the bottom of the dish.
- Cook the enchiladas for 10 minutes. Remove the dish and add 2 Tbsp. of Picante salsa followed by a heavy sprinkle of shredded cheese to the top of each enchilada. Return to oven to cook for 5-10 more minutes (until cheese is melted).
- ENJOY! Kendall likes his with sour cream, but I typically just add a little bit of hot sauce or extra Picante on top!
Be sure to check out my other recipe posts here!